Thu, 06 Aug|
Parent Effectiveness Training Book Club
Join Instructors Li Ling and Steph as they guide you through the P.E.T. Book, which is based on the 24 hour Parenting Course which teachers parents how to communicate and connect more with their children.
Time & Location
06 Aug 2020, 9:00 am SGT – 01 Oct 2020, 10:00 am SGT
Why a P.E.T Bookclub?
Parent Effectiveness Training (P.E.T) is an internationally run 24 hour course that teaches parents the skills to communicate and connect with their children.
The P.E.T. Book is a great introduction into the skills being taught, however as with most skills we need to practice them and try them on for size. The purpose of this Book Club is to support parents online with their parenting using P.E.T. principles, by creating a safe and open environment in which parents can share their trials and tribulations alongside each other.
Book Club launches on Thurs 6 August via the Facebook Group. Every week will have a different theme based on the chapters in the book.
Week 1: Introduction to P.E.T
Zoom Discussion - Sat 15th August - 9am to 10am
Week 2: How to listen so your kids will talk
Zoom Discussion - Sat 22nd August - 9am to 10am
Week 3: How to strengthen your relationship in times of peace
Zoom Discussion - Sat 29th August - 9am to 10am
Week 4: How to talk so your kids will listen
Zoom Discussion - Sat 5th Sept - 9am to 10am
Week 5: The no-lose method of resolving conflicts
Zoom Discussion - Sat 12th Sept - 9am to 10am
Week 6: Overcoming Value Collisions
Zoom Discussion - Sat 19th Sept - 9am to 10am
- A Closed Facebook Group - Daily access to the instructors for support, regular questions, content videos and activities to enable open discussions and reflections.
- Weekly Saturday, 9am to 10am, Zoom Discussion Session - New concepts will be explained and the opportunity to practice the skills from the book. The discussion will take place after a week of reading.
$90 for 6 weeks, ($15 per week)
Should you choose to continue your learning on the full 24 Hour P.E.T. Course ($549 per person) the $90 will be deducted from the original course price.
The book is available as a e-book or you can get your hands on a hard copy here:
- This Event requires a minimum of 6 pax to go ahead and will be capped at 20 pax.
- Chapter Zero P.E.T Graduates are welcome to attend the Closed Facebook group for FREE to continue your learning, you will be welcome to join the Zoom discussion capacity allowing.
- Due to Government restrictions we are awaiting changes for group gatherings to take place in Phase 3. Due to communication and experiential exercises being at the core of this course we are unfortunately unable to conduct the full 24 hour P.E.T. class online.
And a little about your facilitators
Stephanie Chalmers, is a British Expat mother of two young children. A trained High School and English as Foreign Language Teacher she has always been in the position of facilitating learning and it was no different when her children arrived. She is a strong advocate for authenticity in parenting, for parents to express their needs and feel they are considered and appreciated by other family members, that's why she wants to help parents with the skills to raise children in a peaceful and respectful way.
Li Ling is mother of two girls and Director at Chapter Zero. As a former MOE Educator, and home educating parent, Li Ling is passionate about supporting children's development and education respectfully. She completed training in RIE® (Resources for Infant Educarers) Foundation in Auckland in 2017. As an Instructor of Parent Effectiveness Training Li Ling is keen to continue supporting the respectful parenting community.