Wed, 04 Mar|
Respectful Parenting Workshop Series
Package of five workshops
Time & Location
04 Mar 2020, 7:00 pm – 18 Mar 2020, 9:30 pm
Shake Farm, 126 Telok Ayer Street, Singapore 068595
** We are sorry to announce the cancellation of this event due to the current Coronavirus situation in Singapore**
We have contacted all partipants via e-mail to notify you.
Seeking to enjoy your children and your role as a parent? Heard of Respectful / Mindful Parenting but have no real idea what it is?
Dive deeper with us over all five sessions of this workshop series. We’ll examine the attitudes and principles of Respectful Parenting, how to build partnership and enjoy co-operative time with toddlers, how connection and attachment contributes to your child’s sense of security and growing independence, how to regulate temper tantrums and meltdowns, how play teaches the life skills needed for cognitive, emotional, social, and physical development, and what we can do to support different forms of learning and create mutually respectful relationships in the family.
This workshop series is suitable for parents and caregivers of children from birth to 4 years old.
Dates and Times:
(1) INTRODUCTION TO RESPECTFUL PARENTING
4 Mar 2020, Wednesday, 7:00 PM - 9:30 PM
(2) EMBRACING TODDLERHOOD I: PEACEFUL PARTNERSHIPS
7 Mar 2020, Saturday, 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
(3) RAISING A SECURE AND INDEPENDENT CHILD
11 Mar 2020, Wednesday, 7:00 PM - 9:30 PM
(4) EMBRACING TODDLERHOOD II: COPING WITH BIG FEELINGS
14 Mar 2020, Saturday, 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
(5) SEEING PLAY WITH NEW EYES
18 Mar 2020, Wednesday, 7:00 PM - 9:30 PM
Respectful Parenting Workshop Series Info
Inspired by the life and work of Magda Gerber (co-founder of RIE) and her mentor, paediatrician Dr Emmi Pikler, this workshop series looks at
- What it means to respect your child and for your child to respect you
- Some tips on how we can put respectful parenting into practice
- Why your child says 'No' to your requests
- Empowering you with ways to make life more peaceful and cooperative
- How respectful parenting fosters secure attachment
- Skills of learning when to hold close and when to let go
- Understanding and dealing with our children's intense emotions
- How you can meet your child's needs without giving up on your own needs
- How play teaches life skills, such as problem-solving, creativity, powering through struggle, collaborations, and more
- How you can set up your environment at home to support child-led play
Chapter Zero Pte Ltd reserves to right to postpone or cancel this event where supervening circumstances make it necessary to do so. In such an event, Chapter Zero will offer event credits to the value of the original ticket price purchased which can be used for any Chapter Zero future event.
Save $55! This ticket includes five sessions for one adult.$330.00
Couple / Bring a friend
Save $190! This ticket includes five sessions for two adults.$580.00