Seeing Play with New Eyes
Time & Location
The drive to play is a core aspect of our human nature, but what purpose does it serve? What’s the buzz about play? In this finale of the series, we will uncover the educative value of the playful instinct, from the classic views of Lev Vygotsky and Karl Groos, to the wisdom of Emmi Pikler and Magda Gerber. We hope this session will elevate your existing impressions of play (it can only get better). Find out why it is absolutely vital to your child's cognitive, emotional, social and physical development and upbringing, and why children are so good at it.
This workshop looks at
- The benefits of play
- How play teaches life skills, such as problem-solving, creativity, powering through struggle, collaborations, and more
- The adult’s role in supporting and facilitating play
- How you can set up your environment at home to support child-led play
We promise that you will see your child's play with new eyes!
This workshop is suitable for parents and caregivers of children from birth to 4 years old.
Respectful Parenting Workshop Series Info
The dates of all the sessions in this series are as follows:
(1) INTRODUCTION TO RESPECTFUL PARENTING
10th March 2021, Wednesday, 7:00 PM - 9:30 PM
(2) EMBRACING TODDLERHOOD I: PEACEFUL PARTNERSHIPS
13th March 2021, Saturday, 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
(3) RAISING A SECURE AND INDEPENDENT CHILD
17th March 2021, Wednesday, 7:00 PM - 9:30 PM
(4) EMBRACING TODDLERHOOD II: COPING WITH BIG FEELINGS
20th March 2021, Saturday, 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
(5) SEEING PLAY WITH NEW EYES
24th March 2021, Wednesday, 7:00 PM - 9:30 PM
Chapter Zero Pte Ltd reserves to right to postpone or cancel this event where supervening circumstances make it necessary to do so. In such an event, Chapter Zero will offer event credits to the value of the original ticket price purchased which can be used for any Chapter Zero future event.
- Couple / Bring a friend$125$1250$0